Try this great recipe for dinner! Grilled ribeye steak with charred scallion citrus compound butter by A Cook’s Canvas.
2 ribeye steaks (~3/4-1lb. each)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Charred Scallion Citrus Compound Butter
2 large bunches of scallions
1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
A tablespoon of olive oil
Lemon juice + zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Prepare the compound butter a day in advance. Try with washing scallions and drying them with paper towels. Place them on a platter and drizzle with olive, tossing to coat. Add salt and pepper and set aside. Grill scallions for 4 minutes on each side or until charred. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and set aside.
- Zest lemon, making sure to only zest the bright yellow of the outside.
- Cut the lemon in half and juice 2 TBSP of the juice and add it along with the zest to the butter. Thinly slice the charred scallions and add to the citrus butter mixture.
- Blend together and add the butter to plastic wrap and roll into a log. Refrigerate for 6 hrs or overnight.
- Then, pat the steaks dry. After, season well on both sides with sea salt and cracked black pepper, allow to rest at room temperature while grill preheats to 450’F. Grill for 5 minutes each side, tent with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Just before serving, top each steak with a coin of compound butter.
Try other recipes by A Cook’s Canvas here.