To make this Berry and Cream Cheese Croissant French Toast Bake you will need a total time of 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 cups roughly torn, day old croissants (about 12-16 croissants)
- 1 jar (10 ounce) high quality fruit preserves, such as blueberry, strawberry, or blackberry
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 tablespoons cold salted butter, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- powdered sugar and maple syrup, for serving
Here are the instructions to make the Berry and cream cheese croissant
- Grease a 9×13 inch-baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk: the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Add the torn croissants and toss with egg mixture. Arrange half the croissants in the prepared REVOL Belle cuisine baking dish.
- Add the jam and cream cheese over the croissants. After, add the remaining croissants over top. No worries if not all of the jam mixture is covered.
- Finish by pouring the remaining egg mixture over the croissants.
- Firstly, cover. Secondly place in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to overnight. Last, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut thin slices of butter and lay them over the croissants.
- After that, place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the French toast is golden and crisp. If the tops of the croissants begin to brown too quickly, loosely cover the French toast with foil.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir in 1 tablespoon powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired.
- Serve your dish warm, topped with whipped cream, fresh berries, and maple syrup. The Belle Cuisine dish can go directly on the table.
RECIPE BY HALF BAKED HARVEST – VIEW IT HERE