Braised Boneless Short Ribs with Caponata
Sous Vide Boneless Beef Short Ribs
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef short ribs
- One tsp. sea salt and one tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. aleppo pepper flakes (or substitute with ancho chili pepper flakes and a dash of sea salt)
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes (if you are using sous vide; use 10 if you are braising in the oven or using a slow cooker)
- 6 sprigs of thyme, wash
- Add short ribs to the vacuum bag and arrange remaining ingredients on top then evacuate and seal.
- Then cook in a water bath at 165’F for 14 hours. At the end of cooking time, remove ribs to a shallow skillet. And finish by pouring the cooking liquid, tomatoes, and thyme to a small saucepan
- Reduce by half. Sear the ribs with a butane torch to caramelize, adding a bit of flavorful char. Plate on top of caponata and spoon generously with reduced sauce. Serv the Braised boneless short ribs.