- 1ea Burrata cheese
- 5ea halved Heirloom tomatoes (small)
- 2oz Balsamic pearls
- ½ head Frissee lettuce
- 1 stem Pickled Rhubarb
- 1 bunch Fresh Chives
- 8 oz Canola Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 1 batch Chive oil
- 1oz Parmesan Crisps
- As needed Micro Greens
- 1 cup White vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
Method of Preparation
1. Thoroughly wash & the frissee lettuce and dry. Place on paper towel
2. Remove Burrata cheese from the brine and place on paper towel
3. Slice tomatoes and season with salt to taste
4. Cut rhubarb shards into diagonal shapes. Place in a bowl and pour warm pickling liquid over. This will slightly change the very tart flavor of the rhubarb. Place bowl on top of ice bath to cool
5. Using a micro plane shred parmesan on to rounds resembling a coin
6. Chive Oil can be done before hand. Please see directions…
Cut the 1 bunch of chives into 2” strips. Place them into a blender with the oil and a pinch of salt. Blend thoroughly until the oil turns green. Let it sit for 20 mins. Strain with a fine chinois or sieve and transfer to a squeeze bottle. Keep the oil chilled.
Using equal parts white vinegar and sugar place into sauce pan and boil to a bowl. Set aside to allow it to cool.
Chef Earl used plates from the No.W Collection.
Check out the steak and potatoes recipe to go with the burrata salad.
Follow Chef Earl on Instagram.