We love recipes that use leftovers! This is a perfect example of a recipe using leftover Chicken. Chicken pie recipe and picture by Londonfoodboy.
This delicious pie recipe is very Brittish and we love the comfort that it brings. Espescially in winter time. Served un our litle caracetere cassolettes.
All ingredients from @magnficentmarrow, plates by @revol
Recipe of Chicken pie
Serves: 4 (one large or four portion sizes)
Time: 1 hour
Londonfoodboy used 1 baking tray or 4 portion ramekins and 1 large deep casserole as well as 1 frying pan.
- 20g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium leek, finely sliced
- 500g chicken of your choice, cut into pieces
- 3tbsp flour
- 300g creme fraiche
- 350g chicken or vegetable stock
- Ready roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place a casserole over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions. Let sweat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pancetta and cook until crispy and onions turn golden before stirring in garlic. Let cook for 1 minute before adding the leeks.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook everything for 6-7 minutes, until the leeks has softened.
- If you use raw chicken sear it of for a few minutes in a separate pan while frying the vegetables while cooked chicken can be added directly to the mixture when the leeks has softened.
- Stir in the flour and let cook for 2 minutes before adding the cream fraiche and stock. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 220C (200C fan) while leaving the filling to cool down. Prepare your puff pastry and place over the filling. Press the pastry down around the edges and brush with a beaten egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until pastry is golden and crispy.
See full recipe here.
Check out Londonfoodboy’s interview here.