Spoonabilities share their love for GOOD PRODUCTS and great recipes that are always in season and that are different from everything you can find out there! Enjoy summertime to try to make home made ice cream.
They have chosen this Olive oil for it’s consistency, taste and sensation in the mouth. See their full article here.
Here are the tips given by Spoonabilities of things to know about Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- First pressing: Extra virgin olive oil results from the first pressing of olives. The process is minimal. Healthy choice for cooking (because it’s high in monounsaturated fats)
- Olive oil can be used heated and also cold at the end of a preparation: to flavor food toward the end of cooking and just before serving (for example drizzled over fish, steak, soup, mashed potatoes, fresh tomatoes, or grilled vegetables, and, in vinaigrettes).
- What does “fruity” mean? it describes the aroma that’s suggestive of the olive fruit itself.
- What aromas are in fruity olive oils? green apple, apricot, pineapple, or banana.
- Variety of the Olive will impact its flavor
- How to store it? keep your olive oil in a cool place
Follow these two Steps to Make Homemade Olive Oil Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Base: this is the first step and it must be in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Check out the recipe here: Homemade Goat Cheese & Raspberry Jalapeño Ice Cream.
- Flavoring: in this step, Spoonabilities recommends you add the LIA premium extra virgin olive oil, and the sea salt (they used Sea Salt Fleur De Sel) to the chilled base and whisk until it is well combined. To finalize, you just pour the mixture into an ice cream maker until you get the mixture perfectly! Add the olive oil ice cream into a freezer safe container.
Recipe Notes by Spoonabilities:
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil is the perfect amount for this ice cream. This measurement will give you the perfect silky, velvety texture to the mouthfeel, and not be an overpowering olive oil taste.
- Serve this olive oil ice cream with a topping of a little lemon zest, a pinch of Fleur De Sel Sea Salt, and a quick drizzle of LIA extra virgin olive oil. These topping bring out the ice cream’s mouthwatering flavor.